I love trade show season! Walking the floor and seeing new products is a great experience that helps people learn and network. I am almost in the industry for 10 years, so I have picked up on a few dos and don’ts from vendors working the show. These tips will hopefully help first-time vendors at upcoming trade shows:
- Make sure your booth and staging area is eye-catching. I would suggest a background banner that is colorful and displays the company logo. In addition, a table cloth or runner makes the display look clean and presentable.
- Clothing is important. Having the workers at the booth in the same shirt or colors helps make the space look more uniformed as a team. Also wear comfortable shoes; it is a long day!
- Lastly, do have giveaways. Food is always great to have (even if you are not trying to sell food) but also a small giveaway that promotes your brand and booth.
- Don’t allow people to leave without scanning their badges. If a group comes by and is interested, make sure you get their information so you can follow up with them.
- Don’t give out wrong information. Make sure you have the right pricing and production time for your product or service. Some items can take longer than others, and it is important for customers to be aware of the different situations.
- Don’t overpromise and under deliver. It is worse to “yes” now and “no” later than telling the truth about your capabilities. Getting wrapped up in trying to please someone is easy to do, so try and be honest with what you can and cannot do.