A Brief Halloween History:
Halloween is the night of October 31st each year. It’s the eve of All Saints’ Day, commonly celebrated by children who dress in costume and solicit candy or other treats door-to-door. Straddling the line between fall and winter, plenty and paucity, Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts.
In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween.
Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. In a number of countries around the world, as the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, people continue to usher in the winter season with gatherings, costumes and sweet treats.
Below are some amazing items to help you promote your brand this Halloween and make it as festive as possible:
- Orange Frosted Pumpkin Shopper Halloween Bag – 10″ x 5″ x 13″ (item #20520) – These promotional bags will come just in time for Halloween. It will be a definite treat for your kids. Have your school’s name imprinted and remind children of trick-or-treating safety tips.
- Candy Corn – 1.5 oz. Snax Bag (item #36916) – These custom snack bags are the perfect place to put your business’ name and logo. Hand these out around the Halloween season, and customers and their children will want to come back for more. You’ll get your company’s name out there when you’re the treat of their day.
- Maniacal Pumpkin Stress Reliever (item #20587) – This particular pumpkin has lost its mind. The crazed half-brother of angry pumpkin, this custom imprinted stress ball is back to scare everyone this Halloween. If you are looking for the right giveaway to call attention to your company, this is definitely the item for you. The well-crafted face on this stress ball will really get a rise out of the kids in your community, and parents will be spooked by it as well.
- Silver Reflective Halloween Bags (item #20521) – There is one important difference between this custom bag and others of its kind: the reflective plastic material of the bag will act as a warning to cars driving in the dark that kids are present in the street on Halloween. This bag provides a similar function to any bike tire reflector or neon running vest. It is sensitive to light and will protect the person holding the bag. On the front of the bag is an image of a ghost with a comprehensive list of safety tips on his body. When receiving this bag, any kid in the neighborhood will be able to trick-or-treat in the safest manner possible.
- “Halloween Safety with Gilbert the Ghost” Coloring Book (item #51350) – Gilbert shows how to help kids keep safe while they’re trick-or-treating. This 16 page educational & entertaining coloring book features great story lines with interesting, creative characters ready to teach fun & valuable lessons.